Our experienced corporate staff exclusively deals with the registration, maintenance and administration of companies, both in Cyprus and in other international jurisdictions. The firm's specialist lawyers offer reliable and comprehensive advice on the law, practice and procedure of corporate entities in Cyprus. Speed and confidentiality characterize our work and we feel confident that we can provide a high standard and professional legal service.
The firm is in the position to provide local directors, secretaries and registered office facilities as well as both physical and corporate nominee shareholders depending on the client’s needs. Our Corporate Services include:
- Company Formation
- Application for Company Name Approval
- Drafting of Memorandum and Article of association
- Preparation of all necessary application forms and affidavits for registration
- Company Registration
- Certified Certificates of Registration, Registered office, Director, Secretary, Share and Shareholder
- Company Seal
- Company Maintenance and Administration
- Nominee Services (Shareholders, Directors, Secretary and Register Office)
- Board Decisions
- AGM and EGM
- Statutory Articles Changes
- Company Registrar Applications
- Issue and authentication of any necessary company documents
- Full secretatial support
Registration of a Company in Cyprus
Enterprises may be registered in Cyprus under the following legal forms:
- Company Limited by Shares
- General or Limited Partnership
- Branch of an Overseas Company
The new taxation system abolishes the differentiation between local and international business. International business companies will be entitled to trade within Cyprus and do business locally with the opportunity to offset losses from abroad against net income from Cyprus.
The procedure to register a company in Cyprus is rather simple and takes approximately 10 days. The procedure is as follows:
- Name Approval: The company name must be approved by the Company Registry. The name may be provided by the client, selected from a list of approved names held in our office. In case the client selects the name, it is better to provide an alternative name is case the first option is rejected.
- Filing in Company Forms: After the name is approved, all necessary forms must be submitted to the Companies Registry for registration.
Prior to the submission of the registration forms to the Company Registry, the director, secretary, share capital, shareholder and register office of the company must be determined. Memorandum and Articles of Association
Every Cyprus limited liability company must have a Memorandum, which specifies the activities in which the company may engage and Articles of Association, which specify the regulations and procedures of the company. This will be appropriately drafted on our being supplied with the activities of the company.
There is no legal requirement as to the minimum or maximum share capital of the company. A paid up capital of minimum Euro 1,000 is advisable.
- The minimum number of Directors is one. As director/s may be appointed any natural person, Cypriot or foreigner, or and legal person, incorporated in Cyprus or elsewhere.
- By Law, the company must have a Secretary and in almost every instance our office acts in this capacity
- It is irrelevant whether he/she is an EU citizen.
- It is irrelevant whether the shareholder(s) is/are EU citizen(s). In case the Company is registered for the purpose of obtaining Work Permit, then the requirement set out in the ‘Work Permit for Executive Directors’ brochure must be fulfilled.
- Our office provides physical or corporate nominee shareholders that hold the shares under a Trust Deed on your behalf.
Registered Office Address
- It is a requirement of the Law that a company must have a registered office in Cyprus, which may be used as the business address of the company. The registered office address is the place where official documents can be served to the company. This can also be provided by our office.
In order to start the procedure and register a company, the following documentation is required by the client:
- Passport Copy
- Proof of Residential Address (for example, a utility bill)
- Contact Details (correspondence address, email, telephone number etc)